Saturday, January 5, 2013

How fast a week goes by!

Hello!

It is such a beautiful day! I got to wake up and make my husband breakfast! Mr. I-don't-like-oatmeal has changed his tune. This makes me very happy. He got a bowl of oatmeal (just like my mom used to make) and toast with cinnamon & sugar. Yum!

Tonight, I am having dinner with one of my favorite girls from The Nest! We met in person a few months ago. We had a double date with our (wonderful) husbands at Stir Crazy. We had a great time!

I also might stop at (the highly addictive) Bed, Bath & Beyond. Jose's birthday is this upcoming Saturday. I can't wait to go all out for him this year. He was very, VERY particular about the cake he wanted. Unfortunately, I cannot make him the seven layer cake he so desires. I am settling for making him a German Chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling. I considered making him this cake from The Pioneer Woman. She is fantastic and I love her. She is pretty much my idol right now :) I got one of her cookbooks (here) for Christmas and she has great recipes with awesome step by step pictures and lots of humor.  She makes me laugh. Anyway, I guess I am going to stick with a fairly basic German Chocolate cake (from a box). I think I am going to stop to get a display plate and one of those cake saw things so  can make the cake pieces flat. I actually considered getting a cupcake plunger and randomly plunging the cake to get pockets of mousse. We'll see. I just want it to be super special for my hubby. He deserves it.

Have the very best Saturday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment