Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Think about the BIG picture!

Seriously- do it!

As I mentioned before, I have a bit of a crazy temper. I also have a zero tolerance level for stress... ok, maybe like a 50% tolerance level (on a REALLY good day).  I just don't handle it well. I was having a mini-meltdown at work today. Nothing serious. Just me, freaking out, as usual. As a side note, I am really good at those, at work, I surround myself with things that make me happy. For example, pictures of Jose and I, family, friends and quotes that make me smile or might fit what I am going through at that moment. Today, I made myself a little sign that said "Find your happy place" and I made the pretty picture of the Amish Country sunset my desktop background because it reminded me of a beautiful and happy day.

After that, a friend told me to think about the BIG picture.

That really hit me. It made me feel 100 times better. Everything that bothers me is so insignificant. It might seem HUGE at the time but it really isn't. It was nice to take a step back and just think about the BIG picture.

All day today, I have had these profound, beautiful reminders that GOD watches out for me. On my way to work this morning, I started sliding towards a fire hydrant and I started to freak out (yep, this is a theme in my life). I was on the phone (hands-free) with Jose and I just asked him to pray with me. As we prayed, I felt this overwhelming calm. It carried me safely to work and back home at the end of the day.

So, in parting, hug someone you love, take a step back, find your happy place and think about your big picture. It is worth every second.

-Mailyn

No comments:

Post a Comment