Saturday, March 30, 2013

Almost Easter!

Happy Saturday!

So, obviously, tomorrow is Easter! Yay! For me, this means I am baking today.  I was given a recipe from Family Circle a few years ago for Linzer Trees. I am not making trees but I am making cute circles. They are delicious cookies with finely chopped (thank you Ninja Chopper!) pistachios with raspberry jam smooshed in between two cookies. Let me tell you, these cookies are fantastic and addicting but they are a MAJOR pain in the butt. EVERYONE loves them and requests them whenever they feel cookies are appropriate. Soooo, every single holiday. Did I mention that they are super time consuming and a total pain to make?!

Moving on... I have been looking for 30 minutes for the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe because I think I would like to make those too. My mom has a fantastic recipe but she is at work and I kind of want to surprise her with them. But really, she is only going to see the Linzer Cookies.

I love holidays. I love to spend time with family. Holidays have gotten a little harder, emotionally, because Jose's family lives in Oregon and my Dad lives in Texas. I used to not understand what my poor husband was going through. I do now! Now we hold each other up and make it as wonderful as we can. The good news?! We are going to Oregon in July! Jose hasn't seen most of his family since he moved here 2 years ago. We are both really excited to go! 1 whole week of family and seriously authentic Mexican food! Yummy! And! It is gorgeous where they live! There are mountains and rivers and coves. Just beautiful! He used to tell me the town was a hole... I told him he was crazy! I love it there.

Well, back to my cookie search! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment